Thursday, March 05, 2015

Well, not going to put THAT on my bucket list - the Archibald Prize

So, drawing is a fun hobby.

And I've been particularly prone to drawing people (or Sims) as practice




Now yesterday, a random thought crossed my brain about the Archibald Prize - a prize in Australia awarded for a portrait.

Just for the hell of it, I went to look it up. Australian resident - check. Needs to be a painting - okay, have to put that entry for a year until I can paint with physical materials and not digital. There is a fee, but it's pretty tiny and I could do that.

Subject needs to be an Australian, well known in their field. Fine, I can handle that.

Subject needs to be aware of the artist and have at least one sitting. ANNDDDDD there's the huge NOPE. There's just no way I'm going to ask anyone well known in their field to sit for a portrait painting. Just no.

Funny, it's not the idea that I'd lose. In fact, I expect to lose. But the idea of asking anyone to sit in real time for a portrait? Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment