Monday, April 11, 2016

The Muse

Some artists rave on about their Muse. You can tell it’s meant to be with a capital M. 
Their Muse helps them soar to new heights. Without their Muse present, they can’t work.
Let me tell you, my Muse is a damned bitch. 
She never shows up when I’m hoping she will. I sit at the keyboard, slowly typing away. The daily word count struggle as ten words become twenty and twenty reach 100.
It’s about the time that the word count loses importance that the bitch Muse shows up. She wants to take credit for all the words. 
But I won’t give her the satisfaction. I worked hard on those first words of the day. They took real effort. 
And no bitch Muse is going to claim credit for them.


The next time she shows up, I am chaining her to the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment